Saturday, February 24, 2007

Why I Love Polk Street, Part 2 (and you will too)...

Dave and I went back to Nick's Crispy Tacos today (see previous post) and enjoyed a delicious crispy quesadilla before heading down the street to a consignment shop called Cris. It was anything but pretentious on the inside, but had an easy-on-the-eye interior that segregates clothes based on color. Every item was either "gently worn" (meaning it still looks brand spankin' new) or still with tags on and the prices are very fair. I picked up this blue Coach suede purse for just $72! The owner namesake was working today and was delightful and quite welcoming. She suggested I look through my closet to see if I want to consign anything and I had to stifle my laugh as we all know she'd be horrified at my "Bill Cosby" assortment of sweaters (Dave's terminology). I think I'll stick to the shopping side for now, but it was a great spot that I intend to check back on often!

No comments: