Saturday, February 3, 2007

Help! The Walls Are Shrinking.

Dave and I babysat for our friends Keely & Sarah last night. It was a bonus for both of us because they got to have a "grown-up" night out while their son, Eli, slept blissfully and we got to veg out and watch all of the HOURS of television that we've missed in the last week. It's disheartening to realize that I can actually go into a slight depression if I miss an entire week of DH (Desperate Housewives), The Office, Grey's and more. Thank god for DVR.

So to rectify our situation, we purchased a Sony 40" LCD TV from Best Buy that we are picking up today and we just ordered a new Jasper Sofa from Room&Board that we should have in a week or so. In the meantime, we have an overcrowded living room full of boxes of who-knows-what. Dave kindly remarked that I incorrectly assessed our apartment size in my blog earlier this week. I quoted 600 square feet of luscious living space when in reality it is closer to 500 square feet. Yes, with that type of spaciousness, we definitely need the 40" television to make SURE we go blind by the age of 42.

When I awoke today, I laid in bed for at least an hour, just looking around the bedroom and wondering where in the world we would put all of this "stuff". So, instead of tackling the issue by going one box at a time, I did what any sensible procrastinator would do...I started a list of things I wanted to pick up for the apartment. In my head, I couldn't continue unpacking until I had these vital items such as tupperware containers so that I can take items out of the moving boxes and place them instead into these plastic boxes. Yes, genius.

Dave got up about an hour after me and I was excited about the journey ahead to my fave all-purpose store. I started going over the list with Dave of the items to buy and, for a guy who I think would even keep a smile through earthquakes and other life catastrophes, Dave's face started drooping more and more in agony of the day to come. I muttered the one word that would change his entire attitude from cheery to gloomy....his least favorite "chore"...Target. He looked at me as if I was personally about to nuke the United States. As if he would rather hand scrub every single dish that we must unpack (since we no longer have the luxury of a dishwasher) than accompany me on a trip to this mecca land.

So, in order to preserve the sanctity of our marriage, I quickly diverted attention and suggested a totally different location...selling it as a more "boutique" option if you will for finding our specialized wares. But of course: Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Our journey begins.

1 comment:

Meg Pirozzi said...

MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!!!