Thursday, February 15, 2007

Another Day, Another Running Route...

I have now gone northwest and southeast, so I decided to go northeast today in my running venture. I of course Googled it first for safety purposes (safety being when I think I'm going to run 4 miles and end up at 6, I don't want to again have a mental heart attack). The route was from our apartment to Fisherman's Wharf and it was wonderful!

The trip TO Fisherman's Wharf was really great. I went around 8am and the entire route was clear of tourists (not that I have anything against tourists - I AM one with my stockpile of 10 San Fran books on hand at all times!) and I got to see various workers gearing up for the day -- fishermen bringing in the fresh catch, Boudin Bakery making their first loaves of sourdough bread, etc.

The trip home was an uphill battle about 1/3 of the way. I could swear I was actually going backwards faster than I was forwards. The top of each hill just seemed like yet another mirage where it seemed so close and yet took forever to get there! Nonetheless, I'm happy to have another route in my repertoire!

No comments: