Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Toes They Are A-Sparklin'...

Our friends Kelly & Michael came into town this week (our old neighbors in La Jolla) along with their soon-to-be-one-year-old son, Dominic. Kelly was great for me because she got me out running...and with a stroller at that! It's no joke, ladies...it's like running with an extra 35 pounds of weight on you. These SF hills LAUGHED at me as I attempted to run up them with the stroller! Fortunately, I got the hang of it (eventually) and made it back to the apartment successfully, even with a few scares of running into cracks in the sidewalk where I was sure Dominic was going to get projected like a human canonball out of the stroller. He was a total trooper and seemed to enjoy the scenery!


Kelly's birthday was this week and we went to a "nail bar" called Lush Life on Fillmore to celebrate. Let me tell you, this puts a whole new twist with the mani-pedi experience. It's less formal than a spa, but way more pampering than the typical drive-thru mani-pedi place. Gone is the fear of contracting some inhumane disease due to disinfectants not properly being utilized, replaced by someone greeting you by name at the door and asking if you'd like some jasmine tea during your treatment. They even give you the nail file and the pumice-sponge (the thing they use to tickle-torture the bottom of your feet) in an package at the end. I highly recommend it! The cost is a little higher than the hygienically-challenged regular salons ($25 for a pedi, $15 for a mani), but you leave feeling refreshed and truly pampered.

1 comment:

ArmijoDesigns said...

Thanks so much for spending time with us. We had a blast and we miss you already:)