Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad, Aunt Rita & Justin!

My Dad, his twin sister Rita & Justin share a birthday - July 31st! Though they aren't exactly sharing the same NUMBER each year, it's cause for celebration just the same. Shout out to the birthday boys!


Birthday King, Daddy-O

If I had to pick out ONE fantastic quality about my dad (it's hard to narrow it to just one - believe me), I would say it's his optimism on life. He doesn't live with his head in a cloud by any means, but he is always slow to make judgement...on ideas and people. I love that I can come to him with ideas and we can talk through them to figure out, together, what the best course of action is. I love his compassion in doing this with me, and an in all aspects of his life. My dad is truly an amazing man, one I try to be more like every single day.


Aunt Rita and The Girls

My Aunt Rita (Dad's twin) is one of the greatest firecrackers of all time. When I was little, hearing her laugh from far, far away always made me smile and run towards the action. She always had a story to tell and her personality a magnet to draw people in. We got to see her last summer at my cousin John's wedding in IL and she is as sweet as ever.


Birthday Boy, Justin, in Boston last week

If I had to pick out ONE fantastic quality about Justin, I would say his ability to play A$$hole. Just kidding (although he is a helluva-playah')! Justin is a great listener and is great at looking at situations from multiple perspectives. He grew up in a family of 7 (5 kids, 2 parents) and I imagine he learned from an early age that it's not "all about" him. This skill has transferred to his adult life and we love talking until the wee hours (well, until about 10pm in my case...much later in Dave's case) about life issues.

We love you, Dad, Aunt Rita & Justin! Happy Birthday to you all! xoxo, B&D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brooke, Thanks for the warm thoughts. Trying to enjoy the day without my two girls and sons. OK I am over that now. Dare I ask what the age spread is between me and Justin? Happy birthday Justin.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.