Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Drinking the Kool-Aid, Getting Nortonized

So the company I work for, Symantec, is holding a contest for people to demonstrate how they "Nortonize" things in their every day life. Our new products are coming out soon and they are expected to be the best we have ever created. Before you start throwing tomatoes, realize that I do not code the software, people...I just help it look pretty in-store. I happen to love our products, but I also realize I am biased!

Anyways, in an effort to support our internal "Nortonize" contest (mirroring the external contest where you can win a Vespa), here is the submission our marketing team submitted. Yep, I am the video editor! iMovie makes it SO fun to create movies!


My beloved co-workers deserve Oscars for their rock-star performances

I won't encourage you to enter the contest (hey, it's YOUR Vespa you're giving up), but wanted to pass this along b/c I thought we (humbly) did a pretty good job and it was really fun!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Holy S, I did not think it was possible to have a more nerd company than Capital One where I am out of style because I don't own a Hawaiian shirt and/or 8 pairs of different style crocs.

At any moment in the day, I expect a speech similar to (from "Revenge of the Nerds"):
Gibert: I just wanted to say that I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds. I mean uh, all our lives we've been laughed at and made to feel inferior. And tonight, those bastards, they trashed our house. Why? Cause we're smart? Cause we look different? Well, we're not. I'm a nerd, and uh, I'm pretty proud of it.
Lewis: Hi, Gilbert. I'm a nerd too. I just found that out tonight. We have news for the beautiful people. There's a lot more of us then there are of you. I know there's alumni here tonight. When you went to Adams you might've been called a spazz, or a dork, or a geek. Any of you that have ever felt stepped on, left out, picked on, put down, whether you think you're a nerd or not, why don't you just come down here and join us. Okay? Come on.
Gibert: Just join us cos uh, no-one's gonna really be free until nerd persecution ends.

Eric said...

PS - I don't want to pretend that I do not enjoy it, because I do.

Meg Pirozzi said...

I love it. Should we expect to see your entry now on IMBD? Nice work.