Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Biking and Fishin in Mammoth (Part 2)

A week or so ago, I wrote a post about the exciting times we found in Oakhurst, CA on our way to Mammoth Lakes, CA to meet up with Lindsay and Jon, Doug and Dan.

Dave and I had the chance to drive through Yosemite on our way and were blown away by the beauty. It was our first time through Yosemite and we snapped a few pics along the way.


Drive from Oakhurst to Yosemite


Yosemite Beauty

We stayed in a condo in Mammoth Lakes that was perfect. It slept 8 and we had 6 + 2 dogs (Lindsay & Jon have a dog named Jack). We played a$$hole (yep, kickin' it back to the old school with games), read, walked around and just relaxed in general. On Saturday, we went to breakfast and then the guys left for biking and Lindsay and I took off for a day of fishing with the dogs.


Friday Night...stumbling distance from the condo

As for the biking, they took the ski lifts to the top of the mountain and then biked down. Jon and Doug are both avid bikers and Dan is right behind them, but it was Dave's first time. He said he LOVED it, even after flipping over his handlebars!


Guys on top of the mountain


Jon riding down the steps - apparently it's what the "cool kids" do


Dave and Jon together on the mountain


Jon taking in the beauty



In the meantime, Lindsay and I purchased our two-day fishing licenses (which turned out to be quite the waste considering all we caught was a few pieces of seaweed, but I digress).


Proud Fisherwoman


Chuwee and Jack, anxious for treats


Me, acting like I'm doing anything but losing lures...and more lures


Lindsay looking like a pro...but still catching nothing

That night, we had fajitas at the house and enjoyed our last night on vacation.


Dave enjoying a bevvie on his way to the hot tub

On Sunday, we were up early and decided to give this fishing thing one more try. I managed to lose 3 lures within 4 casts...Jon was very patient.


"I think I got something! Oh wait...that's just another rock 'eating' my lure again."


Yep...I'm now in cold water searching for my MIA lures...to no avail. Partially because I didn't find them and partially because I'm deathly afraid of fish. My triathlon in September is going to be FUN, huh?


"Oh, F-it...I'll just drink instead."

We then packed up and drove back through Yosemite "home" to San Francisco. It was such a fun weekend and a great treat to meet up with Lindsay and Jon on an "unplanned" visit...usually we plan our visits months and months in advance (yes, we live in the same state...but they are a good 8 hour drive away, so it's not like we can just pop over all the time!), so this was fantastic! We can't wait to see them again in August for Dave's big 3-0 birthday in SF.


Play "I-Spy". Can you see the rock climber in the photo?

1 comment:

Eric said...

1) I can't stop thinking about what someone could have swerved away from (tire tread marks) given it is surrounded by a field of nothing.

2) The picture of Jon is a very cool picture.

3) You were attempting to find lures with hooks, underwater, with your bare feet?