Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beantown, Baby!

Dave and I are in Connecticut this week, visiting with Dave's family and getting ready to celebrate his cousin, Althea's, wedding this upcoming weekend. During the summer (as long as they can possibly stay), Dave's parents stay at their lake cottage at Lake Beseck. I love it here and find total peace in lying around, looking at the water, watching the boats go by and even running here and there.


Hanging with Dave's parents and their BFs, the Doolittles, on Friday

Another set of Dave's cousins (he has LOTS - huge extended family), Justin and Diane, treated us to see the Red Sox vs. Yankees game in Boston last Saturday. We had SUCH a blast going "back to the homeland". We haven't bee back there to visit in a few years, so it was great to spend a quick under-24-hours there.


Red Sox shirt? Check. Greasy Sausage? Check. Full Beantown Experience? Check.


Oh yeah...forgot one. $8 beer? Check. (Thanks, Dave!)

Thanks to trusty Facebook and - you know I'm going to give a shout-out here - the beloved iPhone and new Facebook App available, I was tooling around, looking at Facebook updates during one of the innings. I saw that my friend, Laura, had a Facebook update that SHE TOO was at the Red Sox/Yankees game! So, as the true wanna-be-geek that I am (perhaps I am now beyond wannabe and am considered full-fledged? not sure if I've "made it" yet), I texted her (she thinks I'm in California) and said that the iPhone had a new Google Maps app where you can look at a particular seat within Fenway, so asked her to text me her section/row/seat so I could try it out. Ha ha! She fell for it and texted me her stats (but did question whether we should be concerned that Apple and Google perhaps are becoming entirely too "Big Brother"), and then Dave and I snuck up and texted her to "look left". It was awesome!


Laura and I enjoying a Fenway surprise together


Gift for my Mother-in-Law...says, "Jeter Drinks Wine Coolers"

We ate at Kingfish that night (where Lindsay worked long, long ago when we lived in Boston in 2000-2002) and then headed back to the hotel.


The crew enjoying dinner at Kingfish

We had breakfast the next morning, then headed back to Connecticut where we had a full house for the afternoon with our "friends-with-kids" that came over to visit! It was so fun and we enjoyed every moment.



Don't be alarmed that the child in the last 1/2 of pictures (Cole, our friends Gary and Kim's son), looks just like Dave. I swear, we were across the country when he was conceived...I think.... :-)


Dave and Cole...his son-from-anothah'-motha'

No comments: