Friday, June 1, 2007

Can I Get a Beer Up In Here?

San Francisco is many things, but a beer capital it is not. The only "famous" beer it has is Anchor Steam, which is okay but rather heavy for my taste. HOWEVER, it does have several wonderful breweries which are each only a bus ride away. You may remember our very romantic dinner at Rogue on Valentine's Day. Last Thursday, we headed with Jaime over to another of SF's finest called 21st Amendment. I was skeptical about the Watermelon Wheat Beer that I ordered, but that skepticism was washed away with the first sip. Its 5.5% a.c. (alcohol content) was just right for me and went well with a delicious 21 Burger. Dave's lightass tried the Bitter American (3.6% a.c.) and couldn't steer away from it. Jaime went for the watermelon wheat as well (what can I say? we're chicks!).

It was great to try another local brewery and this still leaves two more on our list to try with our soon-to-be-brother-in-law, Jonny Cakes:
1) Rogue (02/14/2007)
2) 21st Amendment (05/31/2007)
3) Magnolia (next on our list)
4) Toronado (the mother load - can't go without aforementioned Jonny Cakes)
!Salud!

No comments: