Monday, June 8, 2009

One to Grow On....

I am 17 weeks and some change! In fact, it will be 18 this Thursday...time is flying by!

We have taken pics each week, but they really aren't that dramatic of changes yet. I think the ice cream is catching up with me, but the growing baby is also the size of a pomegranate this week, which makes me feel a little better about myself (since it's all about me, right?).


15 weeks and 17 weeks

We find out on June 15th if it's a BOY or GIRL - can't wait! Our last check-up was about 1 1/2 weeks ago...the quick 5-minute appointment where we get to hear the heartbeat and head home.

I still don't "feel" pregnant (other than the demonic look I get in my eyes if I don't have ice cream each day...but that's normal, right?). My normal running routine of 3-4 times/week at 4.5 miles each time has cut down to...well...nothing. I attempted a run a week ago and was exhausted, so I ran about 20% and walked the rest of the route. I have been doing more Bar Method workouts. They even let you do a 1/2 class (and pay 1/2) for preggo-girls. So you get the arm, leg and butt workout for the first 30 minutes, then smile broadly and say, "see ya, suckahs" as you stroll out early.

The no-drinking thing has actually been not-so-bad! I can't say "GOOD" because it would be a lie if I didn't admit I'd love a Ketel One Martini any day of the week, but I definitely look forward to my 2-3 glasses per week that I'm allocated and treasure them like liquid gold. Dave got on the sobriety train with me over a month ago and that has been AMAZING. It has been such a tremendous help to have him go through (at least part of) this with me. He has some "freebies" thrown in, such as whenever we go to Napa or if he's with my bro-in-law, Jon, or a few other key events. All in all though, it's been the best gift he could possibly give me...truly.

I do listen to two podcasts that I should pass along for anyone else in my boat. One is Bounty's Preg Podcast and the other is Pea in the Podcast (both available FREE on iTunes). They are a week-by-week 5-minute recap of what is happening to the baby and to your body. I love them because they are so quick and I look forward to hearing them every week!

3 comments:

Eric said...

You look great. Looking forward to June to hear the news.

And Dave is a great guy for taking a break with you. Mandy was not so lucky.

The Ward Family said...

you look great :) I am so happy for you... can't wait to see more pics and hear more details!

The Anthony's said...

You look PRECIOUS!!!