Sunday, June 29, 2008

Surf's Up!

Okay, not for us...we were mere spectators as Keely and Jess surfed in Pacifica on Saturday. In the meantime, Pregnant Mama Sarah, Jaime, Dave, Eli (2-year-old son of Sarah & Keely) chilled on the beach and entertained ourselves. Keely and Sarah were some of our first friends when we lived in San Diego and actually were our neighbors (our front apartment doors opened to each other), so we got to know each other really well. They moved from San Diego to the Bay Area in 2004, being replaced by their close childhood friend, Jaime, who we have become ridiculously attached to over the last 6 years. We have all remained really great friends and, while we aren't 5-feet-apart-I-can-hear-your-conversation-from-my-kitchen neighbors anymore, we are thrilled that we are all together in the Bay area where we can get together at the drop of a hat. Keely was the first person to teach Dave and me how to surf! (I have to say "first person to teach" because, unfortunately, it is going to take many more lessons before either of us are hanging 10).

Here is Keely on one of his waves:


Dave is SO GREAT with kids, and with Eli especially. He (Dave) just loves to be around him, and Eli eats him up. It's such a fantastic thing for me to see...I love every minute of it. Here are a few pics of Eli and crew....


Eli and me having a chat about world issues


"Uncle Dave" having a great time with Eli


Eli laughing so hard his eye is closed


Jaime and Jess, being adorable


Dave hugging me and then forcing me into a back bend (which means I inevitably landed on my a$$)


Sarah & Eli...motherly love...


Eli kissing his baby sister, growing in Mama Sarah's Belly!


The "Other Woman"...Jess' new girlfriend...the green surfboard he bought on Saturday. Jaime, do you feel threatened?

After the day at the beach, we had lunch together, relaxed for a bit, then Jaime and Jess came over for cocktails and we headed to dinner together at Umami (amazing, hip sushi restaurant in our 'hood). Jess' bday is on Tuesday (Happy Birthday, Jess!!!) and it was a weekend of celebrating!

A few more photos from the day can be found here.

1 comment:

Meg Pirozzi said...

I see Sand and Ocean, but where is the sun? I am confused. Sweaters and hoodies, just don't belong at the beach.