Saturday, July 21, 2007

Gettin' in the Groove....

So I have now been with Symantec for 4 1/2 months. My contract was set to end Aug. 10th (three weeks from now) as the two women I replaced for their maternity leave are scheduled to come back in the next few weeks. On Friday, I had a meeting with my manager (who I adore - more to come later on that) and they have extended me at least through April 2008! I'll remain in the consumer marketing team and will continue to work on retail programs. It's a great opportunity for me and I'm definitely looking forward to it! Dave and I went out on Friday night to celebrate a bit at our new fave Thai restaurant, Osha. Their food is excellent and their prices are really reasonable, especially given the environment you're surrounded by. We like to sit at the bar and eat rather than a table, and the bartenders have started to get to know us which is always nice.

We each ordered a gin gimlet on this occasion, but I was feeling just too guilty that I was "cheating" on my normal Ketel One martini, so Dave was kind enough to drink both gimlets and I then ordered my martini. See? Marriage is all about give and take...compromise....thanks for taking one for the team, Dave.

No comments: