Saturday, May 2, 2009

We're Having a BABY!!!!

Yes, we've done it. We are giving up our nights of Jaeger Bombs and 2am Dance Parties and trading them in for 2am Diaper Duty and Friday Night Movies! I am 12 weeks pregnant and due November 12th!

We had an ultrasound on Friday (also our 5-year wedding anniversary) where the doc gave us the all-clear to finally share the news with the world! Here is a short video of the ultrasound (yes...I do realize this is exciting only to us, so feel free to skip the clicking...but it is cool to see it kick even though I don't feel a thing!):



Things have been going really well...no sickness, I can continue running (until I can't see my feet, says my doctor) and - this is the biggie - I can take down 2 glasses of wine per week. PHEW. The doc even blessed sushi (which I had heard was a no-no...but that's basically if you eat it off a street cart...as long as you know it's from a reputable place, it's as safe as anything else). I successfully made it through the "Crazies Phase" without too much carnage (on Dave's behalf...though, he is a saint...let's admit it) and am now feeling much more awake and myself again!

More to follow soon with the shenanigans (or lack thereof) of a Sober Pregnant Woman. 3 months down, 6 1/2 to go!

With our anniversary yesterday, Dave also surprised me with special Alton Brown blueberry & banana pancakes on a new griddle he got us and he covered the chalkboard with pics of us through the years and a sweet note! We watched our wedding DVD (it's about 5-10 mins...we edited it ourselves back in the day) and had such a great day! We cancelled our fancy reservations at Acquerello and opted for a solid 8 hours on the couch watching TV/movies instead with dirty take-out Chinese food followed by an It's-It. HEAVEN!

7 comments:

The Ward Family said...

A BABY!!!!!! :) You are going to love being a mom ... it's so amazing ! your ultrasound is precious and you will feel those kicks soon enough! Blessing to you both ...

Eric said...

Congrats again. Very pumped for you and D. We look forward to all the baby updates.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I must admit that I'm a little bummed because I love living vicariously through yall and now you'll just be talking about poopies and feedings. ha - just kidding! I hope you continue to feel well and that you enjoy the next few months. So many wonderful things to look forward to!
Mandy Miller

Unknown said...

That video is so amazing! Looking forward to watching you grow! xo, Jaime

Unknown said...

Awesome. Congratulations. Ashley, Henry and I are very excited for you and Dave.

Amanda said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations. I am excited about the blog and will be dutifully following along. Good luck...enjoy the pregnancy. It's the best...until that baby comes. Oooh, baby!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Brooke and Dave,
I/we couldn't be happier for you. You two are so smart...having your own spcial time together first and now enhancing your love with a wee one.

You are blessed and so loved.

Kate & Bill