Friday, May 8, 2009

Riggs Watch 2009 Continues

Lindsay & Jon's son, Riggs, was due earlier this week. Dave and I flew down to San Diego on Thursday morning "just in case" and figured we'd work from here Thurs/Fri and SURELY he would make his appearance the moment our plane touched the ground.

Clearly, this is LINDSAY'S son...coming in his own sweet time and not held to the Almighty Google Calendar that I adhere to (our baby better arrive on November 12th and not a moment later...I plan to have a Ketel One Martini delivered to the hospital and if that kid makes me wait one extra moment...well, let's just say, Dave might have to strap on the Man-Boob from "Meet the Fockers" for the sake of the development of our child).

So the GOOD news, and most important, is that Lindsay is feeling great! She's been swimming at the Y for the last few days and loves feeling a little lighter in her loafers. She rocks a bikini (which is amazing that she can still FIT in a bikini, but I guess that's what happens when you limit yourself to just one ice cream cone a night...perhaps I should consider learning from her and put down the chocolate chip cookie in my hand...naaaaah) and I'm sure she gets some interesting looks from the other swimmers (little did the 80-year-olds also swimming at the Y know they could be a part of a surprise water birth at any time), but she just floats along (with flotation device assistance)...I mean she is 9 1/2 MONTHS PREGNANT, Y'ALL!!!

Jon's mom arrives today from Texas. I wish everyone could meet her...seriously one of the neatest women I've ever met. One of those people that just makes you feel GOOD by standing next to her (well, except that - at 31 years old - they will ask her if I'm her older sister because she looks so fantastic...and I'm not exaggerating). Can't wait to see her!

In the meantime, in case you haven't had the pleasure of seeing this, I have decided to ditch Baby Einstein for our child and instead put this on...over...and over...and over in hopes that our child can rock some serious rhythm by the time he/she is 6 months old.



I mean, the little red-head SLAPPING HIS OWN A$$?!?!? HILARIOUS!!!! I love these kids. And I love their parents for exposing them to the real American culture at such a young, impressionable age. I might have to write them a fan letter for this stroke of genius, as they are my new idols.

xoxo,
Anxiously Awaiting,
Auntie Brooke

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get me out of the Kettle martini!!

I kick and strech...3 months..3months olds..

Eric said...

First, I think that is a video of me at a recent wedding reception.

Second, anxiously awaiting Riggs news.

Third, Mandy was induced for both of our kids, but I always invisioned giving Mandy a bottle of wine, a cell phone and dropping her off about 15 miles from the house with a message to call me when she starts perculating.

Eric said...

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.