Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Go Sox!

The A's home opener was last night against none other than the Boston Red Sox!!! We went with a group of 15 fellow Boston College friends and ex-Bostonians to check out the game. It was a blast! Nothing says baseball like hot dogs, nachos and beer...oh, and we're in California, so nothing says baseball to Californians like hot dogs, nachos, beer, Churros and Starbucks coffee via back-pack dispenser. Ahhh, something for everyone.

We didn't take many pictures (we currently own 4 cameras and 3 of them are out of commission from recently dropping them...or I should say spiking them...on the cement). Darn those 2am bar crawls home!!! So we have had to be ever-so-grateful for our iPhone cameras in the meantime. I actually wanted to get a picture of all of the iPhones lined up taking pictures at the game last night. I don't know if it's because Apple is an SF Bay company or just because people are super-techy and gadgety here, but iPhones are absolutely everywhere.

I can't say enough about how mine has changed my life (yes, a PHONE, people!). I preach to anyone who will listen how much I love using the Google Maps (especially with the "current location" tool that finds where the h$%l I am when I'm lost as I often am), of course Gmail and web surfing, the texting "conversations" (just like Gmail) and more. Dave and I might have to consider couples therapy one of these days as it seems we are constantly having a threesome (emotionally, anyway) with Apple products.

Here are a few pics from the game (taken with aforementioned beloved iPhone!):


Papelbon...I couldn't get close enough to my boyfriend, Manny.


Great seats behind the warm-up dugout thing

2 comments:

Eric said...

I think the pictures look pretty good, but I am not the photo geeks that you all are.

PS - how cold is it?

Alai said...

I heart my iPhone, too. Will email you the pics I took with mine!