Saturday, March 29, 2008

We're IN!!!! (oh my God...we're in)

As you may recall, I recently signed up for my first 1/2 Marathon (La Jolla - April 27th) and also signed up in the lottery for the Nike Women's Marathon in SF this October. We have a team, made mostly of North Carolinians (either past or present), and are being coached by the very bold and determined lovely ladies, Geri and Malena.



So this is the first year that this particular marathon had to go to a lottery system, which has made us all anxious and nervous to say the least. I am the only one who lives in SF, but all others have to arrange travel for themselves and our vast team of supporters as well!

GOOD NEWS came early - we found out on Thursday that we were "accepted" into the marathon!!!! So this makes it official - we are about to become marathoners! Lindsay is running, along with a growing team of 14 of us....now called the Fast and Furious Flamingos (don't ask!). WOO HOO!!!!

(now....who wants to volunteer to actually run this thing for me???)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't run for you, but I'll hold a big sign and wear pink and cheer my head off!