Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Launching into Space

My job at Symantec is to develop new marketing programs for the US and Canada...from a "back to school" theme to a movie promotion, to - my latest venture - a program to launch our new 2009 products called "Blast Off with Norton". My team has launched this program that will give a chance for consumers (i.e. YOU) to "experience zero-gravity" in a chartered Zero-G Flight, and then - ultimately - a chance to go on a sub-orbital flight. We're talking space camp and the works!

So, not to totally geek out, but I wanted to post this video our PR team put together to promote the contest:



And, quite possibly the best part? The US hosted a launch party in San Francisco last night at a fun club called Templebar starring.....The Jabbawockeez!!! If you're not familiar with them, they were on "America's Next Top Dance Crew" and they are SICK.



After they performed, they came up to the "VIP Suite" (where Dave and I were hanging...you know how we do) and we quickly snapped this photo - I was in HEAVEN!


Chillin' with the Jabbawockeez


Norton Launch Party Sizzle Video

*** Warning: Major plug coming: ***
Stop what you're doing and go REGISTER for the Blast Off contest. It's free, easy and will take you just a couple minutes (no purchase necessary). If you are already a Norton customer, you'll be amazed at the difference with the new products. They are FAST, LIGHT and you won't even notice they are there. Email me if you need any product! You know I've got a Friends & Family (major!) discount!

3 comments:

Matt Werner said...

I signed up - that sounds like a neat trip, even if I don't believe this -> "They are FAST, LIGHT and you won't even notice they are there"

Ha ha. Still can't believe you work for Norton. At least Ghost works for me :D

Eric said...

I am impressed and proud. Working and Norton, the contest, blah - blah.

But you got to hang out with the Jabs? Did you learn any moves (maybe the spinning on you head move)? More importantly, did you show them any of yours?

I have been completely disappointed with season 2...nodoby can touch those guys.

Eric said...

PS - where were the rest of them? You didn't get the Jabber-Rockies did you?