Monday, September 8, 2008

I Stand Corrected....After 30 Years, Turns Out I DO Like Rock (???)

Yes, I learned something new today. For 30 years I have not liked rock. Actually, to say that I simply didn't like rock would be an understatement...I could hardly stand to be in the same room if it was playing. For some reason, the music just turns my insides and makes me feel the opposite of good....the opposite of what my beloved Hip Hop makes me feel.

That is, until tonight.

My husband has helped me see the light...and I owe it all to someone I only previously knew from some random reality show on MTV...Travis Barker.

Check out this awesome rendition of Flo-Rida's "Low" with T.Barker kickin' in drums. It's SICK and may change your perspective on either Rock or Rap...depending on which side of the fence you are on!


Travis Barker Performing "Low" on Drums

There are other fun T.Barker videos if you're interested in more...they will show up after you watch this one on YouTube.

I am a changed woman! (Well, I'm "changed" in that I totally appreciate rocker-drummer-dudes who love hip-hop music now...not quite sure I'm ready to take on my first Rock Concert or anything until T-Pain is opening!).

3 comments:

Eric said...

Maybe now you will like bluegrass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCAM3C3dpIA

Meg Pirozzi said...

Ok. So I don't know that this really means you like Rock, more that you like scary skinny drummers, who likes rap music?

Anonymous said...

OMG--from 3:00 on...WHAT?!?!?! INSANE!!!!!!