Saturday, May 19, 2007

Screw Cappa Napa

I went on my first trip to Napa this weekend! A group of 9 of us went to Napa for the day on Saturday and had a great time. Unfortunately, Dave wasn't with us as he was in San Diego for Jon's bachelor party. It was absolutely beautiful - here are the highlights!
1) Golden Gate Bridge: I drove over it for the first time! Well, I didn't drive, but was rather driven over it - either way, very exciting! Dave and I have been meaning to make the cross (it is all of 3.5 miles from our house - not far at all) and just haven't done it yet, so this was a good christening.

2) Mumm Winery: How could the day not start out right when we began with sparkling wine? Our friend Valerie is a member there, so we did a nice tasting on their outdoor patio. It was a gorgeous sunny day and just perfect.

This is me, in heaven with my "sparkling wine" taster:

3) Honig Winery: Our second stop was at a family owned and run winery called Honig. Valerie and Chris know this winery well and we were treated like VIP royalty upon arrival. We tried a sauvignon blanc, followed by a delicious cabernet. I went home with a bottle of the cab and can't wait to share it with Dave.

We were able to walk through the vines at Honig and relax on a back patio, as if we were in our own home. We met Michael Honig, one of the owners, and he was as gracious and welcoming as could be. Here are the vines and a picture of Valerie and me:

Fortunately, the rest of the group was as enthusiastic to make a quick return trip as I am, so hopefully we will go back in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Can't wait to go on the next trip up there. Love the last pic of B & V--hot stuff!! ;)