Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Runnin' Runnin' Runnin' Machine

Okay, not so much a "machine" as I am a quite sad robot that is on very, very low batteries. I signed up for this 7 mile Bay to Breakers race months ago (when I was running almost every day and living the retired life) and all of a sudden - it is here! The race is this Sunday and I pleaded with our friend Matt to run with me. Now comes the hard part - actually running. I went out 4 miles yesterday (5am wake-up call!) and only about 3 miles today, but I'm hoping to make it up to 5 by Saturday so I'm semi-prepared for the 7 miles on Sunday. The good news is that this race is apparently a crazy-fest where everyone dresses up in wacky outfits and basically stumble through 7 miles, mostly while drunk. I don't think Matt and I will get hemmed up, but I'll definitely bring the camera with me to report on the San Francisco Crazies afterwards!

No comments: