Saturday, April 14, 2007

I Got Paaaaaaaid!

That's right - I just received my first PAYCHECK in the last five months!!! It's only from a couple days of work, but it is still $$! We celebrated by having a Ketel One martini the moment I walked in the door and a plate of hors d'oeuvres (thanks Trader Joe's) before heading out and taking the bus down to happy hour where we met up with friends for a drink. After that, we went to dinner at Town Hall where I had a gourmet version of fried chicken (delish) and Dave had - can you guess? - a steak. He's a meat man's son at the heart of it all (shout out to Rite Portion Meats in Wallingford, CT!). We had a wonderful date-night and I loved every minute of it.

Dave leaves this evening for a few days in Las Vegas with Xprove. They are hiding out in a hotel room and "coding like monkeys", as Dave says, and also schmoozing around with the video techies at the Nat'l Assoc of Broadcasters Conference (I know, I know...how many wives have been fed THAT line?). He'll be back on Wednesday; it's my first time alone since we moved to SF so I'm going to try and not be too paranoid and freak out at every bang, clank and boom that I hear in this 100 year old apartment!

So what am I splurging on with my first paycheck? I ordered a Sirius Satellite Radio because my future brother-in-law, Jon, swears by it. I think it will make the commute "fly by" (as much as two hours a day can fly by) and I'm looking forward to it!!

No comments: