Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy 5 Months, Cal!

Cal turned 5 months today! I know, I know...I always thought it was annoying when parents counted in months...and still do (except for my own of course!).

Cal was with Autumn today (the sitter we hired to watch him on Wednesdays from 9am-5pm while I work), but we whisked him to the park as soon as she left and had a nice mini-afternoon together before bedtime! Quick video of him on the swing.



Updates on Cal these days....

LIKES:
- Peekaboo!
- Singing (us singing to him...no matter how awful I am...he hasn't exactly started to belt out tunes yet)
- "Airplane"
- Horsey
- Bathtime
- Drooling (gallons, people...gallons!)
- Getting undressed
- Rolling onto his belly
- Red Sox (the kid has no choice...his grandparents and CT friends have provided an entire wardrobe!)

DISLIKES:
- Getting dressed
- Not being able to roll OFF his belly onto his back (he is stuck like a turtle right now)

Oh...and another major "like"? Daddy. Kiddo can't get enough of him. He lights up at the sound of Dave's voice and cracks up with ANYTHING Daddy does!!! It's really sweet.



We're going to start going to Storytime at the library soon too. There are a bunch in SF, so my friend Mary broke it down for me on which ones are ridiculously crowded, which ones are ghetto, and which one has a great hippy-guitar-playing singer (surprisingly, North Beach, the "Little Italy" of SF). Maybe I'll even learn the proper lyrics to "The Wheels On The Bus" since my version includes cows on the bus, coins on the bus, ducks on the bus, old ladies on the bus ("go yack-yack-yack...yack-yack-yack....yack-yack-yack"...hey, I'm not so far off, right?).

Happy 5 Months, Cal!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Brookie can what Brookie wants in Brookie's bus.

Anonymous said...

how else do you count a baby's age?

Anonymous said...

I don't know but this guy is looking more Polish everryday....yes you can thank Grandma Sue and Grandpa Rolf for the good looks of Cal. Happy 5 months Grand child CAL!