Saturday, December 26, 2009

Family Guy: Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!

One of our favorite shows is "Family Guy". We saw a commercial today with a clip from Family Guy that seems SO familiar (when we were kids) and, sadly, I think karma is about to be a bi#ch for all of us new parents in just a short time!



Our friend Tim is a new dad and was saying that he thinks of this episode of an old TV show ("Dinosaur"?) where the baby calls the dad "not-the-mama". The premise is that, no matter how great the dad is and no matter that the baby can SAY the word "daddy"...he father is always called "not-the-mama". Ever since he brought it up, I can't keep it out of my mind! So cute.



We are enjoying parenthood, and as I type this at 1:00 in the morning after feeding Cal and putting him back to sleep, I am reminded to really enjoy this brief, brief time with him...he is so sweet and tiny - I even was able to Bjorn him for our Day-After-Christmas shopping today...heaven!

1 comment:

About Ellen said...

holy smokes. I used to watch Dinosaur and I totally remember cracking up when that baby would say "Not the Mama!". What a throw back reference, love it! Cal is so cute, keep the pictures coming! For the record, I started reading Atlas Shrugged THIS AFTERNOON and I'm already overwhelmed by the thickness of this book.....perhaps I can just scrap by with the Cliffs Notes???