Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dave's Brotha' From Anotha' Motha'

Meg started dating Marco around our Junior/Senior year of college. I remember it was around Valentine's Day because the first time I saw a picture of him (which she had to physically send me in the mail to Boston since we didn't have digital cameras yet!), he was standing in her UNC house on Pritchard Street and I thought I was staring at a picture of MY boyfriend instead (Dave)!!! It was absolutely bizarre. Well, little did we know then that 10+ years later, we'd still be with these twins!

Tomorrow is Dave's 30th Birthday and I sent out an email reminder to our friends re: the weekend plans. With that email, I included a photo of Dave from when he was a youngster, which started the long email debate amongst our NC friends as to whether Dave and Marco's moms/dads really did "interact" between the states of CT and NY (where they were each born). It's UNCANNY. Marco then responded with "evidence" as to why he is/was the cuter baby. I'd say the jury is still out on that one considering all of us pee our pants every time we see this photo of Marco.

I submit it to you, the Blog Audience, to decide.


Who is who??

One observation from Kevin C:
"Nick Nack (FYI: Herve Villechaize) v. Goggle-Face McGee Death Match? Marco would win by stabbing Dave with the imposing 4" collar points on his bandido shirt, purchased on sale at the Clothing Corral."

Eeek...harsh.

And who is Hervé Villechaize, you may be asking? Dave's other twin...or his father? Again....it's a mystery.


Hervé Villechaize...aka "Tattoo"

Oh, and here they are "today"....


Marco and My "Ethnically Ambiguous" Hubby

This whole thing would be over except that now our friends won't let him live any of this down for even a moment.

Such as these rebuttals:


Courtesy of Jess...suggesting what Dave could ride to Sam's on


Courtesy of Ben...click on it!

Dave had to defend himself against Marco's "attack", so he showed Marco how he hasn't changed a bit since the 70s....


Marco: Then and Now...

And Marco countered with this....just priceless. And now they all have them as their Facebook Profiles...amazing!


Dave: Then and Now...

2 comments:

About Ellen said...

This might be one of the funniest things I've seen in quite some time. Thank you for giving me something to read while I'm at work. I've already made my daily hour long phone call to Elizabeth, so I have lots of time to kill.

jenny said...

Tom and I just wiped our tears! That is genius. We hope you're living it up!!!