Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance? (no, they really can)

For three weeks, I've been counting down the days to the annual SF Hip Hop Dancefest. And no, I'm not kidding. Our friend Adrienne clued us in that this little slice of heaven (my heaven involves 24 hours a day of hip hop and daily performances by Marvin Gaye...) and we rushed to buy the tickets. Friday and Saturday nights were all but sold out, so we went with the blue hairs at 2pm on Sunday. There was a huge variety of people at the show - from 8-year-old preppie wanna-be-homies to people my parents' age to "I swear I am a rockstar dancer at the bar after 10 tequila shots" people like us. Yes, quite the mix. It's hard to describe how absolutely incredible these performers were, so I attempted to capture a mini video in order to catch even a glimpse.

The total video is about 30 seconds, so watch the whole thing!


There is a better "teaser" video on the Hip Hop Dancefest website:


Dave and I promptly went to the GYM after the show this afternoon. I have all but made a vow of celibacy from food (well, except wine....and martinis...and chocolate...and ice cream - but a STRICT vow other than that) in order to start working on my Hip Hop Dancer Body that's just screamin' to get out (or is that the tequila talking about my future career? Sometimes you just can't tell). Pass the turkey!!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Sounds like your skills are much like mine. My morning routine will sometimes involve (warning...TMI coming) hiking my boxers up, and shaking my rear end around Mandy while singing, "BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY EVERYWHERE!"