Thursday, October 22, 2009

OMG...It Happened....

So I was walking to the bathroom the other night (I still only do 0-2 trips per night...from what I understand, most preggo women are closer to 4-5 visits per night) and...it happened...I realized I was WADDLING. Whaaaaat? How did this happen??? I don't want to be a "waddler"!!! I have gone through this pregnancy escaping almost all of its downsides...my bladder is intact, I have taken approximately 10 Tums in the last 9 months (some women are at 10 Tums per day for Acid Reflux, Heartburn, Nausea, etc.), I just realized I have the slightest, slightest Sciatica (not even enough to be called "mild"...more like a touch of it a few times in the last couple of weeks), etc., etc. My point is, I have actually really enjoyed being pregnant. I kept waiting for the really hard part to hit me and it just hasn't! I have 3 weeks to go, so I don't want to get too cocky, but I can't imagine it all goes downhill from here. Now labor, that's a whole different story. But pregnancy, I have enjoyed!

So here we are - 37 WEEKS! Here is what The Bump has to say about 37 Weeks:



Your Pregnancy: Week 37
Today brings two beautiful words: full-term. Now, whenever baby's born, he's likely to thrive. Also thriving? Your nesting instincts, which are behind those sudden urges to bake, clean, or embroider a onesie. (Feminists, take your issue up with nature, not with us.)

I read this to Dave today and he started laughing and asked me to give him the heads up when the "nesting" kicked in. Hmmm....I hired a housecleaner, bought a bag of the premade cookie dough and I won't even touch the "embroider" concept. I attempted a grilled cheese twice this week and burnt it both times. What can I say? I guess I am just not the nesting type. I am, however, looking forward to my mini-retirement that starts in a week! My last day of work before Maternity Leave is next Friday (Oct. 30th) and then I am looking forward to a couple of weeks of nothingness before Baby Bryand arrives!

Here are a couple of pics Dave snapped today of The Belly:




THREE WEEKS TO GO!!!

3 comments:

Eric said...

You may have waddled, but you look great. I got excited when I saw the title, but was only let down a little (and only because I am excited for you all).

The Ward Family said...

you look GORGEOUS ! i loved being pregnant too... such a sweet and amazing time. Love you xoxo

Lindsay said...

You look so great, Brooke! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!!Skype this week sometime?