Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Giving Thanks....

You'd think I'd rock a Christmas post right now, but I can't pull the trigger on that until a proper Thanksgiving post is "live". We had such a great time and I don't want to miss a chance to capture it! We headed down to San Diego to see Mom, Lindsay and Jon and had gorgeous weather for the week! I enjoyed running through our old 'hood in La Jolla.

Dinner this year was - GASP - cooked almost entirely by Lindsay and me. The guys did the turkey and my Mom did the gravy and biscuits, but Lindsay and I managed to cook everything else! It was enjoyable and relaxing...even for a novice like myself. We weren't stressed out at all, though I was grateful it was just the 5 of us as our timing was slightly off...the turkey was done on time but Lindsay and I weren't done cooking for another 2 hours. Ha ha!


Lindsay and I as Chefs


Mom's look is priceless...Lindsay and I forgot to bake the sweet potatoes! Oops!


What? Isn't this one of the perks??


Seriously Delicious Vino


Dave Officially Carving the Turkey


Mama..Wine Pourer Extraordinaire

After dinner, we headed to the beach (about 3 blocks from Mom's place) and let Lindsay & Jon's dog, Jack, run along the sand/ocean. It was a gorgeous day!


Jon and Jack...two peas in a pod

Ahhh, Thanksgiving! Why, oh why, don't we have turkey more than once a year???

1 comment:

Dianne Kolconay said...

What fun we had at Thanksgiving...Mom absolutely LOVED the cooks this year!!!!!