Friday, August 3, 2007

Bourne to be a VIP...

So as much as I don't care for lists at clubs, etc, it is a nice turn of the tables to be the one with the list for once. Symantec partnered with Universal Pictures for the third installment in the Bourne series (featuring Matt Damon as Jason Bourne) and our company got a private screening of The Bourne Ultimatum last night! I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish! If you liked the first two (Identity and Supremacy, you'll love Ultimatum.

AND, while you're watching, look in two places for Symantec visuals:
1) Towards the beginning at Waterloo station - keep an eye out for the billboard where the "asset" (assassin) is perched up above (the billboards that rotate left and right - you'll know what I'm talking about).
2) Towards the middle, when "Bourne" and "Nikki" are in the bank transfer scene, you'll see him use one of our products for a security scan!

This, along with our entire retail promotion that wraps this Bourne theme into it are all part of my job (which I love!). If you go to a retail store (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.), you'll see stickers on the packages with a rebate for two of our products - that is what I do! In addition, we created a "microsite" that you can check out and play a game: norton.com/identity. I've been a part of that project as well since my first days back in April.

Go see the movie (no bias here, we don't get a penny for promoting the movie sales - it's just a great action flick!). And hey, we all know that Matt Damon is easy on the eyes!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Here I thought you were important over there, and turns out you put stickers on the all the software boxes.

Mandy is usually only up for the romantic comedies, but she asked if we could go see this movie the other day and I could not have been more excited.

I will be on the lookout for your stuff.