Wednesday, March 7, 2007

It's 5:00am. Do You Know Where Your Wife Is?

Well, Dave unfortunately DID know where his wife was at 5am this weekend all too well. I had heard about this amazing antiques/flea market fair that happens once a month in Alameda (east bay). I had it bookmarked on my computer and wrote down directions to get there. I prepped Mom (visiting from NC) and Dave to be ready at 5:15am on Saturday so we could get there when it opens at 6:00am. The price was $15/person just to walk in the gate! So on Saturday morning, we start driving...and driving...and driving. 45 minutes later, we are in the middle of nowhere on the east bay and I am apologizing profusely because I wrote down the directions wrong AND missed our exit. We finally make it to where the fair is supposed to take place and it's EMPTY! So it's 6:30am by then and I call my dad (9:30am EST) who looks up the website to discover - it's the first SUNDAY of the month...not SATURDAY! Yikes. I really thought Dave was going to toss me into the San Francisco Bay. He's a trooper, but getting him up unnecessarily at 5am on a Saturday is not exactly his idea of a good time. We headed home and geared up to run the same drill (minus the bad directions part) the next day. I'm happy to say that the trip(s) were worth it!!! There were HUNDREDS of vendors there, selling anything from rooster decor to carpets to furniture and more. Everything sold at the Alameda Antiques Fair has to be at least 20 years old. We bought three pieces that day, but you'll have to stay tuned to see the transformations/end results!


No comments: