Monday, January 29, 2007

Cruisin' Up the 1

We spent two days driving up California's coast and I can honestly say it is the most beautiful landscape I have experienced in my life. Turn after turn resembled a postcard, with gorgeous ocean views to the west and amazing mountains to the east.

I am posting just a few of the photos we took on the journey. It made me appreciate the state of California so much more than anything I had experience in the previous four years of living there. I am excited to explore more this year including Napa & Sonoma, Monterey, Big Sur and so much more.



At some points, the road was super-curvy and at others it just looked like the road would end over the next hill. The 4Runner did great, but that U-Haul trailer was quite the weight on back for some of those mega-hills in the mountains!


I did think this was harsh (but refreshing)....$1000 penalty for LITTERING!

In Carmel, we stayed at a sweet hotel...errr, motel called Carmel River Inn. I got it on Hotwire for $60/night. It's so interesting to see what website pics look like vs. the real thing!

We truly enjoyed the entire road trip (this coming from a self-proclaimed narcoleptic who struggles to stay awake even during Grey's). From dinner in Santa Barbara to antique shopping in Cambria to the beautiful scenery in Carmel, every mile was breathtaking!

No comments: